Saturday, November 29, 2008

Where the Wild Things Are- Illustrator Study

Where the Wild Things Are was written and illustrated by Maurice Sendak. I feel like this is the story that made him such an amazing and famous illustrator. The pictures, to me, and kind of dusty and dark looking, but that does not make them unclear. His imagination comes straight out onto the paper. They are extremely detailed, and easy to read. I can tell that the Wild Things are supposed to be a bigger size than a normal human. I also like how even on the cover, we can see the Wild Thing is big in perspective to trees and things, and how I can clearly see the man in the boat behind him. The background and not main part of the picture is even easy to read. The emotions of the Wild Things are clear as well. I definitely recommend this book for any age (as long as the young ones know the Wild Things are NOT real).

No comments: