Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Adventures of the Fox- Traditional Literature

The Adventures of the Fox, by Marcos Yauri Montero, is a traditional literature children’s book, that is all in Spanish. When I first choose it, I thought maybe there would be English translations, but there wasn’t. That made me like it even more. I felt like I was really reading a traditional literature piece from the Spanish culture. I understand most Spanish, but for some things that I didn’t get were easily understood because the pictures were amazing, and DEFINITELY descriptive.
The Adventures of the Fox was made up of seven different stories. There were two adventures of the fox with a rat, an adventure of the fox with a rooster, a bear, a falcon, a condor, and a singing rabbit. It usually started off with the fox intimidating and trying to trick whatever animal the adventure was about, and it always got turned around. I’m assuming there is a joke and well known thing with foxes in the Spanish culture. I found it very interesting. The pictures are colorful, detailed, and extremely descriptive.

No comments: