Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Sports and Pastimes of American Boys- Nonfiction Informational

The Sports and Pastimes of American Boys by Henry Chadwick is just a big childrens book full of pastimes for boys. There are things like tug of war, thumb wars, and hundreds of other little explanations of things boys do. There are more things that I have never heard of, tan things that I have. There are even paragraph explanations of walking, running, and jogging. There are pictures of different field layouts and game layouts. There are also pictures of what looks like old styled children playing things.
This book is very cool, and even though it is kind of 'old' styled, I was interested, and I think children for years would still love to look at it and find new games that they have never heard of. They are divided and seperated into things like "athletic games'' "board games" and things like that, and I just wish that there were a table of contexts or something that separates those things for the reader. It was hard to find a certain thing, and I had to go through the whole book to find them. That would be the only thing I would want to change about this book.

No comments: