Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Oh No! Where are My Pants? And Other Disaster Poems- Poem Collection

This poetry anthology will get anyone into poetry! It is full of humor and little disasters that a lot of children can relate to. For example, the first poem I was read to out of this book was about a little boy who was eating an apple. In the middle of the apple, he sees a work without a head. The audience puts two and two together, and we think the poor young boy ate the worm! Each mini disaster involves young children. One boy gets asked by a girl he has a crush on, to dance. He is dancing and explaining how everything is perfect, and then he looks down and sees he is not wearing pants! Even though it is not the funniest poem in the whole book, it is the most clever to use as the title. It grabbed my attention right away!
I would recommend this book for ANY classroom. Younger students can read it and high school students may find a love for poetry they never had. This definitely opened my eyes to poetry, and I am a Sophomore in high school. The pictures are big and colorful, and perfect for a read a loud.

No comments: