Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Shrek- Book To Movie

"Shrek is a book?'' I found out "Shrek" bye Wilian Steig just at the public library. Not only was I surprised, but so were my fellow classmates. We had no idea that "Shrek" was a picture book. Though getting the main point across, the book is different than the movie. The movie added a lot more details. In the book, Shrek is more scary, and is kind of proud of how he makes other creatures cringe, and flowers die. In the movie, he seems more nice when we get to know him. Also in the book, Shrek meets a witch that tells him he will meet a talking donkey and a very ugly princess. In the movie, he accidentally meets the donkey, and has a purpose for meeting the princess. We also do not know that she is ugly, because she does not change until every night. The only reason I really liked this book, is because I was surprised to find it, and I tried relating it to the movie, which was much better.

No comments: