Saturday, November 29, 2008

Higglety Pigglety Pop!: Or There Must Be More To Life- Illustration Study

Higglety Pigglety Pop!: Or There Must Be More To Life was written and illustrated by Maurice Sednak. I love how he writes and illustrates all of his books. These illustrations, however, are a little different in my point of view than the other ones I have seen. The illustrations are older and dustier, and just seem more boring than the rest of his books I have seen. I feel like the rest of his books are in color, and this one is the black and white television show. However, my favorite part of his illustrations is how, especially in the covers it is important, that there is the main picture the reader is supposed to notice, but still a detailed background. The background isn't just there, and can be looked at as long and as much as the main picture. I love that about his illustrations. This book can be used in the primary classrooms, I feel.

No comments: